Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blessed beyond measure: encouragement

Today was tough.  It was just one of those days when nothing seemed really wrong, but nothing seemed really spectacular; you know those days.  Getting ready for church this morning I started having a pain just under my shoulder blade...I've done it before - but I used to 'do' something to cause it.  Today - I did nothing - I was just getting ready and there it was, a kinked muscle for no apparent reason.  Even then, I realized, if that was the worst of my complaints I was abundantly blessed.  No fun - but life goes on.  I did get to come home and take a nap after church, which was nice, but overall my mood was a little 'ho-hum' all day!

I've really done some thinking about these very 'boring' days and realized that I am truly blessed beyond measure!  First, I woke up.  I have life, I can thank God everyday for whatever He has in store for me.  It may not always be what I want, but I realize it is not really about what I want.  Today we read in Jeremiah, Job, and Habakkuk.  Today, and every day, I can do that.  Today I realized that my abundant blessings sometimes lead me to take them for granted.  We should be motivated to encourage others everyday.

"But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today", that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin."  Hebrews 3:13.

Today, I was encouraged by others; and for that, I am very thankful.  I ask that tomorrow I do a better job of being an encouragement to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment